Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
kreme
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
long time no see chapps..
hope all is good, been finding out stuff here in thailand on the skyline scene or mainly the modified scene..
heard that alot of people have transplanted an rb into a evo body?
wondered if anybody knows anything about this, havenent seen with my own eyes but my wife works with someone that was working for a performance garage here and he told me about it as my misses said to him that i have a skyline, is it possible to fit it under and evo bonnet, the skyline bay to an evo bay are totaly different are they not? size wise i mean..
as skylines are so expensive here could see what else an rb will fit into :0)
lads and ladys

chris :0)

edit.... just been thinking, the skyline engine set up is longitudinal right? and an evo is horizonal right?
so how the hell could it fit in there??

·
Points don't mean prizes!
2,029 Posts
I know that the norris designs evo has spun his evo engine 90 dergrees and bolted a GT-R box on the back of it so it will stop exploding:ylsuper:

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
do these kind of conversions really fit into the class tuning? surely show car would be more fitting,afterall the evo was designed with a small engine at the front for a reason,even if it fits its never going to drive like an evo should?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
do these kind of conversions really fit into the class tuning? surely show car would be more fitting,afterall the evo was designed with a small engine at the front for a reason,even if it fits its never going to drive like an evo should?
Are you talking rb into and EVO or engine spin with Skyline box in an EVO like Norris has done?

Simon fitted his for one main reason so he could have a stronger box! it has taken a hell of allot of work to finish this build and tuning is the only word can be used.

As you say though, putting a heavy RB lump at the front of an EVO is not the way forward, to much weight, you would have to change a hell of allot of things, subframes, drive shafts, gearbox, props, mounts, the list goes on. I don't see it will gain anything at all, unless you wanted an out nowt drag car! These Mods must only be more for show like you say!

·
kreme
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking these factors, it's a big old lump to put in an evo, I couldn't imagine what it would drive like... handling would be non exsistent, there are some strange things that people do in this country to there car, the same with uk and the rest of the world but you have to see some of it to believe it!

I don't think I believe it to be honest, I would have to see it... skylines are like rocking horse poop here... I've only seen 2 in 3 months that I have been here... I would love to import them here, some parts are cheaper, some arnt.. strange cause japan is only 2-3 hours away and all you see are jap cars.. the most modded cars on the roads are nissan ciferos which I've never seen in the uk but we have cars that they haven't, the rx8 hasent been in this country that long and they haven't got the civic type r hatch here either... well if they do then I haven't seen it :0)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i think many people do things because they can rather than thinking if its actualy a good idea,i can see why norris used the gtr box in that project but i think the nissan 6 is the wrong engine for the evo chassis

·
kreme
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think many people do things because they can rather than thinking if its actualy a good idea,i can see why norris used the gtr box in that project but i think the nissan 6 is the wrong engine for the evo chassis
agree with you there 100% koh :0)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i can belive it of thia's there a pretty nutty bunch.. as anyone whos ever got on a motor cycle taxi will testify to.

me and a mate a couple of years back were out on the lash in bangkok, and ended up at the other end of the city from where we were staying.. so 2 motorbike taxis and payed them extra to race each other across bangkok.. ive done some pretty scarry things in my time but that beats them all.. tuctuc racing is allso fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts