Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pritty sure my stardard bov is lose or sticking or somthing its passing air when on pos pressure/loading up the boost is this a rear thing to happen?, any methods of fixing?. im more then happy to jump under the bonnet and fix it just need to know if its worth it and what todo?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
depending how old your SSQV is it may have an adjuster nut on the back, (the ones i had in the past did, but i understand the newer one dont)
8mm off the top of my head? winding it in increases the preload (tension on the internal spring) which makes it harder for the BOV to open..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok got some pics of my faxstan rb20det BOV, now can i remove or unscrew the top housing? its definitly passing boost/load i blocked my recirculation pipe and ran the car. reved it from the engine bay and im getting air coming threw from it NOT decompression air ofcourse like normal, im getting air coming threw as it climbs revolutions
Also when im say on the motor way or anywhere realy i can hear it passing in the same note as when the BOV goes off like its ment to. and were talking low revs here like 1800 to 2500 before she even starts to spool up.
No dout im losing power here surly?
Help! maybe time for a arfta market one

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, r32, 33 and 34 bovs are the same. Or you could try a gtr bov as these are bigger and stronger but have the same fitting.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
depending how old your SSQV is it may have an adjuster nut on the back, (the ones i had in the past did, but i understand the newer one dont)
8mm off the top of my head? winding it in increases the preload (tension on the internal spring) which makes it harder for the BOV to open..
sorry couldnt sworn i saw a post from you somewhere regarding an SSQV. Didnt realise it was the standard recirc. My mistake!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts