Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to split the intake plenum from the lower manifold on an RB20 without having to take the whole thing off together? Got a polished plenum here I need to fit.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Yup. Did it on the engine that never ended up in my car. Can imagine it would be a bit fiddly still in place though! Think there are about ten bolts of varying length if my memory is correct.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i had a look at the bottom half of mark priors old rb20 plenum and it doesnt look like it will be too hard to do if you have small hands, if not just give a strong 5 year old some spanners and a bag of sweets to do it for u.

·
Registered
760 Posts
You have to split it to get the whole thing off anyway! There are 9 bolts, 4 on top and 5 underneath from what i can remember, i rekon it can be done, it will be seriously fiddley though, good luck with the 5 underneath!

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
is the rb25det plenum any different to get off ??

·
Registered
760 Posts
Pritty much bar a few pipes in different places, just as tricky and anoying though! Its a bastard with the engine out, balancing bolts on sockets etc etc, wouldnt even like to imagine doing it with the engine in place, f**k that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts