Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/gals - now that i have decided to upgrade my RB20, rather than transplant an RB25, I'd like some thoughts on what bits and pieces would be a good route to travel down.
I already have straight through SS exhaust, and HKS air filter, and I'd thought the following might be some other upgrades:-

RB25 turbo
444cc injectors
coil packs
uprated fuel pump/filter
boost controller
fuel controller.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Do 444s fit? Are they sensible? Also what version of coils fit the RB20? Would RB26 ones do so?

Any help would be grateffully received.

All the best, Nick

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
GTR injectors fit, but need to change the impedence

r32/33 rb26 and r33 s1 gts coils fit. Later cars use the built in ign amps, r34 gtr, gt and r33 s2 gts

fuel pump, i'd just get a low mileage GTR or 300zx pump

boost controller... profec b spec 2 is good, cheap(ish) too, and the guage is clear.

fuel controller... an apexi safc will do the job fine with those injectors.

However, the rb25 turbo isnt much of an upgrade over the rb20 one, so stock injectors would be fine imo.

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Hi guys/gals - now that i have decided to upgrade my RB20, rather than transplant an RB25, I'd like some thoughts on what bits and pieces would be a good route to travel down.
I already have straight through SS exhaust, and HKS air filter, and I'd thought the following might be some other upgrades:-

RB25 turbo
444cc injectors
coil packs
uprated fuel pump/filter
boost controller
fuel controller.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Do 444s fit? Are they sensible? Also what version of coils fit the RB20? Would RB26 ones do so?

Any help would be grateffully received.

All the best, Nick
For the upgrades I'm doing on mine, I'm going with Sard injectors, and a set of Splitfires to replace the standard coils.
You may need a Fuel Pressure regulator as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts