Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
Got some pics mate?
Or if you can say whether its a top-mount or standard turbo position mani, it could help a bit to answer your question.:)

There are so many different designs of mani's that its impossible to guess what yours looks like.
:cheers:

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
Certainly looks like the dump pipe's at an odd angle, and would sticking be up thru the bonnet... not really sure to be honest, can you do a side-on pic, or a couple of other angles of it?

A large section has been added to it at some point, so you might ba able to have it cut down and rewelded for a quick 20quid if your lucky enough.

Best to get more pics.:)

Certainly looks like an ok manifold tho, should perform well.
:devil:

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
I dont really know for sure, but you may need to remove/move the ABS to run the pipework off the wastegate and get it to the downpipe.

It looks like the right flange size... but without some measurements, I couldnt be sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Splitfire coilpacks

Hi everyone

I have a 99 model skyline R34, GTT, ENGINE RB25DET. I bought off ebay Brand new Splitfire coils. They meant to match my original ones, but they dont. Original coils each one has two holes, but splitfire coils has four holes. The series that i bought is SF-DIS-008. Can anyone who has experienced this before advise me, what's the correct series?:disappointed:

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
SPEEDY SKYLINER said:
Hi everyone

I have a 99 model skyline R34, GTT, ENGINE RB25DET. I bought off ebay Brand new Splitfire coils. They meant to match my original ones, but they dont. Original coils each one has two holes, but splitfire coils has four holes. The series that i bought is SF-DIS-008. Can anyone who has experienced this before advise me, what's the correct series?:disappointed:
WTF??:confused:

Ultimate thread hijack!!:Uzi:

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
taroni133 said:
38mm x 48mm its smaller than stock turbo , i want to run a screamer pipe so i dont have to worry about getting it back in to downpipe
Could well be a T28 flange thats on it then, but I havent got specs for the flange size here, so its worth swapping on a T25/28 to check if it bolts up ok.

If you can borrow one or have one around, that is.:)

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
Yes mate, im just using the std turbo just now...:disappointed:

IIRC this is the general scheme of things as far as using the T28's are concerned... not 100% sure, best to go check it out yourself, as my memory isnt that great!...

The T28 will spool very quickly if you stick to a similar exhaust housing A/R to standard (.63 I think), and you would need a compressor thats gonna hold boost as far up the revs as possible, so something like a T28/35 combo may be a good one to go for... look in the 'skylinesdownunder' forums for some useful info on 'alternative' turbo swaps.

If you have the cash, a garrett GT2835 is a great turbo, and can hold 1.5bar boost ok.

You need to choose carefully tho, as some will give great torque/power at low to medium revs, but the boost will drop off early.
And other combinations will have a higher 'peak' operating range, and hold boost right to the redline.
IIRC for maximum power at higher revs, a .82 A/R exhaust turbine is used.
Just to remind you tho, im not 100% sure on this, so search about on these sites/forums, and you will get a good idea what your needs are.:)

Theres a lot of great options available, and you may find a bargain or two if you dont mind hunting about/importing some bits.:)

www.skylinesdownunder.com
www.horsepowerinabox.com
:cheers:

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
The HKS GT2835R turbo will see around 350bhp on moderate boost levels, 1.0-1.2bar I think, but here's a table of the different turbo's and their output ranges...

:)

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
The GT2530's are gonna fit too, (if the flange is deffo T25/28 style) but its apparently too small for high power at high revs... great torque for drifting tho.

The GT28RS (HKS) is good for 400hp and not much lag, but expensive.

I think the best one to go for would be a Garrett GT2835 or similar.
And with an exhaust/compressor trim suitable for the RB20's.

You can E-mail horsepowerinabox and look on the site for the options available.
Good advice from him too, so I have seen/heard.:)

·
Banned
3,478 Posts
Nize said:
The GT2530's are gonna fit too, (if the flange is deffo T25/28 style) but its apparently too small for high power at high revs... great torque for drifting tho
From my experience, mine didn't spool hard until about 4k and pulled like a train to the limiter - great fun! :D

The standard turbo is better suited for drifting imo :cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts