Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

I have looked hi and low but having no luck finding a wiring diagram of the wiring colours for RB20DET injectors, I want to check they are wired up correctly as some cylinders are filling up with fuel when the pump primes so no fuel pressure as it goes straight into cylinder 5 on prime which is odd as the injectors are clicking on and off if i spin the CAS.

Any ideas? i just wanted to start by checking the wiring, its a full rebuild so everything has been out to a bare shell and now rebuilt.

David

·
Registered
415 Posts
Can't help you with the wiring I'm afraid. Are the injectors new / replaced, and / or did you have them flow tested before installation? I have a set of injectors waiting to go in, but since they were lying around for about 10 years I had them inspected. I was fully prepared to find out they were shot, but apparently they are fine!

·
Super Moderator
8,994 Posts
If the cylinders are filling with fuel its unlikly to be a wiring fault it will be the injectors stuck open or internal seals failed.

·
Super Moderator
8,994 Posts
Yes take them out and turn the ignition/fuel pump on you will soon see if they are leaking its always best to get injectors flow tested even new ones.

·
Super Moderator
8,994 Posts
What do you mean by cold start valve? as cold start is handled by the ECU temp sensor and will run more injector duty cycle if temp i s below a certain threshold therefore automatic.

It is VERY unuseual to see lean mix on cold start unless there is an air leak somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts