Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Alright lads, how ye doing over in England

Anywho, I was wondering if I could enlist in a few of you guys help?

I currently have a 92 gts-t and i am hoping to reach the 350whp or more mark over the winter. My question is HOW?

the spec of my car an the moment is:
Blitz Nur Spec exhaust and decat
Hks induction
Greddy fmic and hard pipes
Apexi Neo fitted not mapped yet
Apexi AVCR not fitted yet

Now i know i am a long way off at the moment

this is what i am thinking
blitz down pipe
Hks GT2835 turbo
GTR injectors and rail
adjustable fuel presure reg
walpro pump

will that give me that sort of power, would i need cams, pulleys, different turbo.

I am also at odds with me transmition,
my car sometimes has a habit at one wheeling on take off, would that be a clutch or diff problem, I heard that the standard diff would not usually lock in first but my one does if i want to do a doughnut of 2. But when i take off at a junction only one wheel spins sometimes, could it be the clutch slipping and not getting the power to the back?And the final question which clutch/diff to use.

I'm sorry for all the questions, thanks lads

By the way go on the Underdog!!! RB20 rocks!!!:devil:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Have a read of the tuning sticky 'Rb25DET owners' as its the same for the RB20DET.

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
:will that give me that sort of power, would i need cams, pulleys, different turbo.
You won't need to touch the cams and pulleys if you don't want to, or aren't budgeted for just now. Other than what you have/plan to get, you should also fit a Z32 air flow meter and upgrade the turbo. HKS2530 or Trust TD-06 are popular choices for the RB20 for the 350hp region.

Also, look to ditch the Neo for either a piggyback or a full ecu replacement.
Greddy E-Manage or HKS F-Con are two ideal choices for piggybacks.
Full replacements aren't as widely available for the 20 as for other engines. The Apexi PowerFC would be good, but they're out of production and tend to go for a small fortune second hand. I think there may be options available from Motec and AEM too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys, i must look into an ecu or piggyback so and z32. cool

1 - 4 of 4 Posts