Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have rb20det in gc8 subaru an temp keeps going up skyhigh but car not boiling have changed water pump thermostat an done head gasket over last 2 days but car still the same any help wuld be much appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No viscus fan mate twin fans tho running all the time an yeah bought new temp sensor as well an still the same seems to be heating to fast think it steam sending temp trew the roof not sure an bled it had heat in heater an all as well thanks for the replay

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Nissan engines can be quite fickle to bleed properly, one of those cones that attaches to the rad make it a hell of alot easier to bleed than through the standard bleed nipple on the intake manifold. Might be worthwhile hitting amazon for a cheap one, see if that makes bleeding any easier

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate appreciate it will do order one an give it a go cheers a let u no if anything changes in mean time thanks for ur time

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definitely sounds like a coolant flow problem. If the bleed valve on the top isn’t getting that air out I’d be trying a coolant flush because they can get pretty stopped up sometimes. I had a 20 suffering from the same issue. Used a hose and adapter to flush and all kinds of crap came out. After that the bleed screw worked and never had problem after.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have rb20det in gc8 subaru an temp keeps going up skyhigh but car not boiling have changed water pump thermostat an done head gasket over last 2 days but car still the same any help wuld be much appreciated
Which guage is temp sensor wired into? Subaru of aftermarket? Resistance to earth value maybe incompatible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its wired into aftermarket temp gauge on it's own with temp sender as well mate sorry bought new there as well
Also have you replaced thermostat?
Yes mate sorry have replaced thermostat as well starting to think it problem with the head

·
Registered
7 Posts
Put a
Try mechanical temp guage or get probe on multimeter. Also radiator pressure caps can cause problems. Easier way to get air out would be to remove radiator cap and backfill the system thru a heater hose.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks richie just waiting on a vacume bleeder to come an try that mate a keep use posted hopefully it sorts it but will try bk filling it if it not here today

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have RB30/25det in e30 BMW with custom cross flow radiator. My BMW temp guage works fine with oem Nissan temp sender. Reads just under half when my electric fan cuts in and out. Just hopefully you don't have warped or cracked head. Radiator pressure cap is designed to make water boil at 82 degrees under pressure so if it's not holding properly that will bring your boiling point to atmospheric 100 degrees.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers for the replay mate starting to think might have problem with the head my self but try this air vacume when it comes if it dosent sort gunna pull head of again an get head pressure tested to rule that out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts