Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

I need a new clutch for my rb20e but choices seem VERY limited. I am upping the power so a standard unit would just cook itself!? Money isnt exactly flowing at the mo so I am looking for a good balance between price and lasting more than 2 days (like the current one).

If that fails option two:

I am semi tempted to borrow the clutch/flywheel from my spare rb25det. Is this just a straight swap other than changing the starter motor. I kn ow na and det arent inter changeable but if I swap the flywheel as well then all should be good?? anyho this is only if the rb20e clutch is silly money

thanks for the help

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lammy if thats right I will be so happy. I read that det and na arent interchangeable but na to na and det to det are.
have you done this on yours as I saw a pic on another forum and it looked like the flywheel bolt holes are different for the rb and det clutches

if all else fails I will post up pics when I pull the engine next weekend. Would just be nice to know before I start exactly what I will/wont need

thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
well on my 2 x r33 rb25de engines they have the same pattern as the rb25det i had + the one i drive is an rb25de+t r33 which i put an early r32 gtr clutch in straight fit,but yours is an rb20 it might be different,best to ask a trader or if your take dimensions i have an old clutch kicking about i could measure

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers lammy, I have tried several traders with no luck but hopefully conceptua will know (left them a message)

any ho thanks again :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have you found any places where they sell RB20E's I have a similar problem to you, just Im doing a conversion.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
An rb20e clutch is a smaller diameter than the rb25's from what I can remember. You can still get hold of the clutch disc itself as I have at home , but that probably won't help much if your upping the power.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
conceptua have been really helpfull. After several days of searching options seemed limited as I need something that will take the drifting abuyse as well as planned turbo conversion.
I have purchased an rb25det flywheel privately for my rb20e. If it doesnt fit conceptue have kindly agreed to take back the clutch kit they supplied. I will post up pics of both flywheels and clutches along with dimensions if anyones interested. Hope it works as driving the vectrra estate is soooo boring

1 - 9 of 9 Posts