Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about losign power if you got too big a pipe size but what is the best size pipe to have for this engine to gain power even if only little ammounts?

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man so 2.5 sounds good to me what do you think to decatting and N/A would that change anything or is it not worth it? also saw your message on the cold air box thread I will probbaly do it the way you did or buy a K&N panel filter I found one for like £40 which is cheaper than the pod filters :)

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh right so definately worth doing then :) and yeah I guessed woulod need it back on for mot haha well worth it though I assume :) Thanks mate

·
9,198 Posts
Thanks man so 2.5 sounds good to me what do you think to decatting and N/A would that change anything or is it not worth it? also saw your message on the cold air box thread I will probbaly do it the way you did or buy a K&N panel filter I found one for like £40 which is cheaper than the pod filters :)
It really depends how blocked your cat is, but for the sake of 'free flow' a de-cat pipe isn't a bad idea! You may gain a bit of power but you may not notice a thing... but a cat will only clog up as time goes on so it will become an issue at some point. Good excuse to get rid of it now ;)

If you go with the panel filter option.... there may be a way to help airflow but I've literally just thought about it so I'm not too sure if it will work without much hassle.
The GTS comes with a fairly skinny air box feed, the GTS25-t is much larger (can flow more air). I don't know how easily you could 'upgrade' your air box feed but it may be worth looking into. 'tis just one of those subtle mods, each by themselves makes little difference but if you do a few of them gains can be made.

Just looking at the pics, the airbox size/shape appear to be the same, the top half of a 25t (inc the airbox feed) MAY simply clip on to bottom half of yours
:)

GTS

GTS25-t

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i hate to say this as i love all skylines but the rb20e has to be the worst engine ive ever had in a car,truly woeful,do not expect to get any actual power that isnt based on extra noise

·
9,198 Posts
i hate to say this as i love all skylines but the rb20e has to be the worst engine ive ever had in a car,truly woeful,do not expect to get any actual power that isnt based on extra noise
Hey, at least it's an RB engine lol

R32 GX-i
CA18I
:apuke:

It's a real poverty pack, drum brake rear, non digital heater controls etc

91 bhp / 67 kw of pure fury :sleepy:

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It really depends how blocked your cat is, but for the sake of 'free flow' a de-cat pipe isn't a bad idea! You may gain a bit of power but you may not notice a thing... but a cat will only clog up as time goes on so it will become an issue at some point. Good excuse to get rid of it now ;)

If you go with the panel filter option.... there may be a way to help airflow but I've literally just thought about it so I'm not too sure if it will work without much hassle.
The GTS comes with a fairly skinny air box feed, the GTS25-t is much larger (can flow more air). I don't know how easily you could 'upgrade' your air box feed but it may be worth looking into. 'tis just one of those subtle mods, each by themselves makes little difference but if you do a few of them gains can be made.

Just looking at the pics, the airbox size/shape appear to be the same, the top half of a 25t (inc the airbox feed) MAY simply clip on to bottom half of yours
:)

GTS

GTS25-t

Yeah man definately plus i can just shove the cat back on for MOT's and run it without after also will give me a bit more of a sound from my car its almost silent haha :L

And oooh I know where I might be abel to get one of them from :O my mate has a gtst but he kept his filter box air pipe I might ask him if i can have it :) also this way woudl save me alot of money :) thanks for the good idea dude I will look into this for sure

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, at least it's an RB engine lol

R32 GX-i
CA18I
:apuke:

It's a real poverty pack, drum brake rear, non digital heater controls etc

91 bhp / 67 kw of pure fury :sleepy:
Haha exactly its still an RB :) and oooh sounds terrible :O makes me feel good about my car :D haha I really liek the ca18det though that is a good engine :)

·
Wish my car wasn't a 5 hour flight away!
382 Posts
Rendle mate im gettin an RB25DET Neo in mine so ill have the RB20DE Neo spare if your interested bud, not sure how hard it will be to get it in a 33 though lol

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rendle mate im gettin an RB25DET Neo in mine so ill have the RB20DE Neo spare if your interested bud, not sure how hard it will be to get it in a 33 though lol

Awesome mate sounds good :D and ooh well i will have to see if it will go into the r33 and also how much would you want for it? also how much power do the neo rb20de's have? Thanks mate :)

·
Wish my car wasn't a 5 hour flight away!
382 Posts
I am pretty sure there 155 at the wheels but am pretty sure as the 33 is about half the weight of the 34 the hp and torques would be much greater. Not sure how much at the mo m8 just seein if JDM would want it for a PX as im trying to get them to do the work for my 25DET neo

·
Big computer nerd
826 Posts
i have a full GTS 25DE airbox looks bigger than that RB20 airbox, i have just fitted an Apexi cone and i have noticed a better engine tone and better pickup, however i do miss my tubby

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have a full GTS 25DE airbox looks bigger than that RB20 airbox, i have just fitted an Apexi cone and i have noticed a better engine tone and better pickup, however i do miss my tubby
hey mate I put a gtst air box in has bigger snorkel and got a decent panel filter seems to growl a little more and should hopefully have a better response, not had it one road to test it yet though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts