Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Picked up a 2.0 litre non turbo R33 4 door from Wales on Thursday, 600 mile round trip, :crazy: car drives mint (pics to follow) just need to know the recommended oil grade so I can do a oil/filter change before the weekend.

Considering I'm used to the RB25DET in my Stagea I am impressed with the way it performs and as for the fuel consumption ...... :D

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Your guna start collecting them!!! Something fully synthetic i'd say 10/40 or something? Or a similar grade as to what you'd put in any other 6cyl engine. In my opinion.

Just had a look in handbook and it says all gasolene vehicles including the RB20E contained 7.5W-30 (SG) oil when leaving the factory. Oil and filter change 4.2litres required.

·
Registered
639 Posts
ive been using a 10w40 semi synthetic oil in mine for well over 5yrs now and it gets changed every 6months,castrol also suggest gtx 10w40 oil...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Currently using Royal Purple 10W40 Full Synthetic Oil fantastic stuff! works great and you notice a difference between normal oil and the good stuff it makes the car a lot smoother and the engine a bit more responsive i found.

·
Man of many spanners
1,166 Posts
I honestly dont think you need to change the oil every 2500 miles with an n/a.
6000 miles should be enough

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got into the habit of changing the oil on all our cars fairly regularly, we have a couple of kit cars which only do a couple of thousand miles each year so they get an annual oil change with quality oil as the summer approaches. I order my oil by the case when the rep calls at work, at the moment I've got 7 x 5L split between the various grades I use, as far as the N/A is concerned I might as well leave it that bit longer then.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts