Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have an r33 rb20e :(
Is it a major to convert it to an rb20de ?
ANd if not, what parts would be required ?
Any info much appreciated

Thanx

DeM

·
Seasoned Member
4,929 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_RB_engine

Some info on the RB20E engine in the above link; it uses a SOHC and the RB20DE uses DOHC. Am sure some of the engine buffs on here will instruct you on the best/easiest way to do this conversion. However if i were you i would be looking to do a RB25DET / RB26DET conversion as a unit transfer!? Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would love to jump to an rb26dett, or an rb30 ... But dineros is my prob atm (house, wife, u name it) I'm hunting for more juice from what I have without the major overhaul. ANy other suggestions greatly appreciated

·
Always sideways
4,250 Posts
As already mentioned it wouldn't be an especially potent engine swap. Much better to save the money you'd be spending on the RB20DE, get hold of an RB25DET and implant that instead. It wouldn't take too much more cash or effort if you're intending to remove the old engine anyway.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
alternatively you could look at the rb25de.....these make around 200 bhp and theres lers cost interms of alterations for turbo (from your current engine i mean) .....the engines are available second hand for between 400 and 900 pounds

check what gearbox you have, as the rb26dett if you wnet that route uses a different one to the rb20e engine varients.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
ok ive dug this up again ...and for good reason. my project car..now my wifes has the rb20e engine in a fourdoor chassi mated to an auto box.

now i know this engine is reputedly at somewhere between 86 and 96 kw. (120 ish hp)

the rb20de is more like 112kw (150ish)

i know neither is gonna rip the tarmac out from under the wheels, but thats the whole point. as the car is a rear wheel drive she dont want earth sahhering speed/power but a nice smooth torquey engine ...(both engines produce more or less 80 nm of torque though this is inthe top end of the single cams range)

my question is regarding the rb20 block. are the heads able to swapped between these? i know youde need all the other gubbins....coilpacks and the like plus the valve gear and maybe and rb20de ecu.

anyone looked into costs?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
cheers Andy....looks like no go then .....never mind. more money for the other one! lol....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts