Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
@R33_will
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody on here converted a non turbo skyline to a spec 1 rb25DET before?? I have a few questions as mine is being an absolute pain to do.. Like the loom I brought doesn't seem to match all plugs on the engine and the start charge loom has a battery plug on it but my battery is in the boot?? It's just an absolute pain the $%# right now and need somebody who knows a skyline inside out to help me.. I can post pictures if needed :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
spec 1 and 2 engines are the same the only differances are throttle body wireing,coilpack loom and maybe abs.

you would need a spec 2 loom to even begin to fit it into your car plus ecu

·
Registered
220 Posts
If there is battery terminals in the engine loom it could be a stagea wiring loom? Not sure if any skylines with a rb25det had the battery in the bay.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
your car has abs so you will need the spec 2 full wireing loom and ecu and either cut and join the wires to your coilpacks and throttle body or go the easiest route and fit spec 2 coilpacks and spec 2 throttle body

·
@R33_will
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the responses guys but do any of you know anybody who could fit these 2 looms together?? i was told you dont have to do this as the engine is a spec 1 and the loom is a spec one?? it connects to everything on the car just not the engine so surely the spec 2 loom wont help me on the spec 1 engine?? and the battery connector does show that the engine was from a stagea so ive just ordered the actual start charge loom for this car..

any help is very much appreciated :)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
thanks for the responses guys but do any of you know anybody who could fit these 2 looms together?? i was told you dont have to do this as the engine is a spec 1 and the loom is a spec one?? it connects to everything on the car just not the engine so surely the spec 2 loom wont help me on the spec 1 engine?? and the battery connector does show that the engine was from a stagea so ive just ordered the actual start charge loom for this car..

you are trying to mate 2 wireing looms together that are differant and also your car has abs which also runs in the wireing loom and you say your car is a spec 2 so just bunging a spec one loom in wont work without an annoying amount of time when it would be quicker and easier fitting the spec 2 loom with coils and throttle body and the ecu as well which you have got yes??
again the engine itself will fit both spec 1 and 2 as there is no differance its the loom and the bits i said that are differant

splicing is doable but replacing loom with correct one for the car itself makes it easier

·
Registered
220 Posts
I bought a spec 2 rb25det engine to put into my spec1 rb20 shell.

I converted the engine to spec1 .

To convert yours to spec2 you will need
Spec 2:
Engine loom
Starting and charging loom
Coilpack loom
Coilpacks
Throttle body
Throttle position sensor
Mass air flow sensor

Then it will be plug and play

·
Registered
6,068 Posts

Series 1 Stageas use the Spec 2 RB25DET engine...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts