Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RB25 and RB26 squish pad removal adds a LOT of extra volume to the combustion chamber, yet when I see this recommended or suggested I never see any mention of how the compression ratio is brought back up to a sensible level. Off the shelf pistons seem to be used and a 0.9 mm head gasket is as thin as any I have come upon. So what CR are people getting with a full squish pad removal, and how are they achieving a figure close to stock? I am not asking as to why the practice is recommended or discouraged on the basis of combustion, I am purely interested in how a sensible CR is achieved once they are both gone :) Thanks.

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
sensible cr? this all depends on the use,if you lower the cr the car will loose power off boost and have less life and be less volumetrically efficent BUT you can run a higher boost and more ign timming before the car detonates so make more power ultimately whilst sacrificing econemy and off boost power,you loose the turbulance created by the squish pads if you remove them and this will have affects on emmisions through the burn rate,but you do get closer to the hemispherical combustion chaimber shape,the lowest surface area possible

1 - 2 of 2 Posts