Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m viewing a bottom end this afternoon, is there anything I should be looking for in particular thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
You don't say whether its a short block with rods pistons connected, or just a crank?
If its a short block you should be able to get an idea of the piston/bore condition by just turning it over and looking, and if you can pull the sump you may be able to get an idea on the bearing condition, but in general its always better to budget for a refresh at least.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't say whether its a short block with rods pistons connected, or just a crank?
If its a short block you should be able to get an idea of the piston/bore condition by just turning it over and looking, and if you can pull the sump you may be able to get an idea on the bearing condition, but in general its always better to budget for a refresh at least.

Sorry it’s literally block and crank cradle, so I’m guessing if the bores are score free it should be fine, it’s still standard 86mm bore size as-well cheers

·
Registered
565 Posts
I would be asking myself the question of why it's a bare block. Cylinder bores can be measured but if it was me i would over bore it to something like 86.5 then you know it's good if it hasn't already had a really bore. But depends what you plans are with it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be asking myself the question of why it's a bare block. Cylinder bores can be measured but if it was me i would over bore it to something like 86.5 then you know it's good if it hasn't already had a really bore. But depends what you plans are with it.

Plan was to forge to have ready to do an engine swap into mine, so would of considered re bore, I had a look this evening no obvious signs of damage on the cylinders crank cradle look pretty good as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts