Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the rb25 in an r33 is slightly different to that in an r34 but can you whack a complete r33 rb25 straight into an r34 with no issues?

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I don't know myself but unless the 34 has no engine, why would you want to swap?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i would say it nots going to be straight forward. for one the 34 engibne, the neo (34) has a different gear box im lead to believe. and the engines are shorter in neo format. plus the ecu and all related gubbins are most likely different. as gb says this could be a backward step. ...just buy an r33 they look way nicer anyhow!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
The body shape wasn't the reason for my comment Si. Imho the 'short engine' is the superior, if for no other reason than it's younger and has the advantage of later technology :D

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
well yes i agree ..mostly accept that i have a 33 so im biased and the neo is just ...well different.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
I have seen few 98 GTT with R33 25DET on them at car dealers, asked why and i ve been told thats how they came before Neo6 but just the first batch of 98? or so.

http://xotica.autotrader.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedCarID=2570726&TabID=502090&Alias=xoticanz

Maybe it didnt come with a Neo Head??? Maybe I am stupied to belive what they said :)
from what ive read, they did do models with the rb25det, he may be pulling yr leg about the Neo6, if he picks up that you dont know to much he will tell you all kinds of crap for a sale, how much is it in GB sterling or our money pounds?

·
Censored
7,453 Posts

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
i would say it nots going to be straight forward. for one the 34 engibne, the neo (34) has a different gear box im lead to believe. and the engines are shorter in neo format. plus the ecu and all related gubbins are most likely different. as gb says this could be a backward step. ...just buy an r33 they look way nicer anyhow!

Outrageous. How can you compare the sleek elegant lines of the R34 to the fat stubiness of an R33.....

Megan Fox over Dawn French anyday...... :dogpile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts