Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to everyone it is the first time i am writing!i would like your help in some issues about rb25 engine.i just bought that engine and i would like at first to upgrade it up to 500hp.i am going to buy 1)Head Studs,2)cams,3)valves,springs,retainers,valve lifters,4)metal head gasket,5)turbo garrett gt3582,custom manifold.
my problem is that i cant find for rb25 head studs and some other parts.my questions are
1)rb25 has the same head studs with rb26?
2)can i fit a head from rb26 to rb25?is that better or i should buy the set valves,springs,retainers,valve lifters?
3)the head gasket for rb25 is the same with rb26?
i have this questions because i am trying to find at nengun site stuff i can buy and i dont find many things for rb25 and i was wondered if it has the same with rb26.
my next move will be the stroker kit and of course big turbo.but at first i would like to make a very good head.
i am sorry for the big thread!
cheers

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
if your doing that much you would be mad not to replace bearings and pistons also

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
You can re-use the head bolts, although i did change the con-rod bolts/nuts on mine. The heads are not interchangeable between the 25's and 26's.

Like aerofocker says may as well refresh the bottom end, and maybe look into getting the crank balanced too? Seeing as you will be able to run a higher rev limit when you fit the springs and lifters, although these aren't really necessary to achieve 500 bhp.

I bought loads of items from nengun and rhd japan for my rb25 when i built it, so you should find what you need on those sites, or better still use the traders that are on the forum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts