Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the car my mate bought, the botttom end went so the previous opwner bought a standard bottom end for £680, it also has 550cc injectors, polished head (done by Abbey) comes with a turbo (getting all this tonight) which we are unsure about but is a ball bearing turbo and produced 370 ATH with abbey, and other bits and bobs, been told by the garage who worked on it it just needs a head gasket to run about 350 bhp but will need new pistons to run the full power as the tomei ones that were in ther were damaged. It also has a few other bits like tomei cams etc etc.

He is thinking of selling this now but what is it worth? Bearing in mind it should run 420 BHP with just a head gasket and pistons.

Cheers in advance
Ben

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
i might be interested in a unit like this in the future, but would need to know max safe power limit..

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ran 370 at the hubs for 2 years until the new owner ran it with no oil! It was mapped by Abbey at this figure so would think it was safe at that level. If i sold it it would need to be quite quick as i need to secure a different engine

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
thats not bad, but i thought it would handle maybe a bit more power?

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
jsut re-read post, seems for more power needs a good few bits repaired/replaced.. it wont go for a premium unfortunatly as it will need alot of work...

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
the pistons wont be all that cheap, plus there may be others while in there. but tbh, thats the ususal risk in buying an engine. i think it would be a good purchase.. standard engines go for aprox £100-£1500, i would have thought £2500? i aint no expert in the slightest, and could be very wrong.....

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i was hoping for about 2k so i am happy with that really

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
so, tell me, what engine you looking at gettin?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts