Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i even attempt this lol, my engine bay is quite mucky mainly just dust & grime, recently i have contemplated painting my cam covers, intake etc.. white. but before i do i want the surrounding area clean, how should i do this?

i would just head for covering the main electrics with carrier bags and the jetting off with the car running ?

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
In a word, no!

Do it the hard way, get in there with your toothbrush and scrub that baby out. One of those hand held steam cleaners can be helpfull if used correctly ;)

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
gettin it steam cleaned shouldnt be a problem, as long as its steam cleaned not jet washed you should be fine

·
bla
17,374 Posts
i used mr muscle oven cleaner.... toothbrush and a rag......

:D works a treat :D lol

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
your lucky gtsttypem,that stuff is made for enamel finishes,leave it on too long and it strips the paint right off!!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
lol... it didnt take anything off :) besides dirt . lol, it was either the bathroom cleaner or oven cant remember.....

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
steam cleaning if done sensibly is ok ...just unplug or cover anything you dont want wet. .....and park it somewhere where the big oily puddle underneather isnt going to anoy the neighbours .....

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I agree with hesh, just be careful of any soft rubber parts that aren't fit for hot water as well like electrical covers etc. Steam will make them perish quicker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts