Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue with my r33, ever since the head has been rebuilt its had this awful noise. (Will post link).

Changed a couple bad lifters and checked everything else such as compression and leak test. Compression was around 170 across all cylinders. It runs fine jist has this awful noise. Now I'm thinking it's major 馃槶

Super Moderator
Can you do another video of it being revved and then settle.

If in doubt...
KH3 ECR33
Sounds very much top end.
Who rebuilt the head? Were the tappet clearances set with the cams that it's running?
Sounds like a head, with hydraulic lifters, that was just assembled in no particular order.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
7 7 ..褕 ......? .. 5$
Can you do another video of it being revved and then settle.
Here is a video of slight a slight rev.

As for the head, thanks for the reply by the way and it came off due to needing to go to a shop to have a few snapped studs repaired which it did. It was cleaned and skimmed at the same time. Everything went back where it came from exactly and all the lifters were disassembled and cleaned also. But its had the noise ever since being put back in and ran. I have personally taken the cams out twice to check and replace a couple lifters I thought were causing the issue to no success. There is loads of oil getting to the head also and I have tried different grade oils incase it was a lifter bleeding issue. I also re bled them all by hand on one occasion I had the cams out.

That's why I'm confused as to the noise.

Super Moderator
I presume that if you have used different oil viscosities and bled the lifters several times, you have also increased the engine revs more than you do in the video ? As the oil pressure will be low if you don't rev or drive it which may help,

It does sound like a lazy lifter or more, but at the same time a little too fast, but could also be an injector/s playing up, asking you to rev it was to eliminate the possibility of little end broken rings which can sound a bit like that, difficult from video, are you sure the cam timing is correct?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts