Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bodged s13.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there skylineowners!

i'm from the SXOC and currently pondering an RB25 swap for my CA18 ;)

rather than using the RB25 box, as i already have a 5 speed + mainshaft OS giken kit in my S13 box, i'm trying to do the relevant research as to whether it's possible to get them to mate up.

as much reading as i've done (i saw a chap called GTEs-t had used an S14 box on his RB20) so is it possible to use an RB25 + RB20 bellhousing and mate it up to the S13/4 gearbox? has anyone bothered messing about with this ?

seeing an RB25/RB20 from behind it looks like the engine side of the bell housings are the same, looking for confirmation of this before i throw all my money away on something that isn't going to work :D

cheers for any help :)

·
bodged s13.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eexcellent.

two more points - as nengun are confusing me with their listings - do both the RB20/25 share the same clutch parts? nengun list the ORC 559d for both applications as the same part no. - so i assume they're interchangeable.

last one - how many splines are on the input shaft of the RB boxes?

·
bodged s13.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
think i've just realised my schoolboy error, doesnt matter about the second question, if the SR box bolts to the RB20 and the clutches are interchangeable, the spline count must be the same :D

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Hi matey, come to our meet at guys court in garstang :D it will be fun and there is loadsa people going.
For more info please click the link in my sig.. vvvvv

Welcome to the site and hope you have fun doing your build :D

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
eexcellent.

two more points - as nengun are confusing me with their listings - do both the RB20/25 share the same clutch parts? nengun list the ORC 559d for both applications as the same part no. - so i assume they're interchangeable.

last one - how many splines are on the input shaft of the RB boxes?
a rb 20 clutch and 25 are interchangable mate....:)

·
bodged s13.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn and here i was thinking i might be able to make some sort of excuse so i didn't have to put an RB in there.

bloody hell. now i just need the money :D

btw chap, might take you up on the offer of the meet, you're not too far from me, currently living north of bolton :)

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
damn and here i was thinking i might be able to make some sort of excuse so i didn't have to put an RB in there.

bloody hell. now i just need the money :D

btw chap, might take you up on the offer of the meet, you're not too far from me, currently living north of bolton :)
yr a member here so its cool, we dont really restrict the meets, also you can also use a r32gtr clutch that will fit too....let me know what and when you want some parts and ill dig around for ya....get the best deal.....:cheers: keith

·
bodged s13.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds good chap - i'm currently debating what i'm going to do with the pretty high spec CA18 i'm going to be pulling out and i need to do more research on the tuning paths of the RB too, since all i know about is the CA :)

thanks for all the help and i'll stick around i'm sure :)

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
sounds good chap - i'm currently debating what i'm going to do with the pretty high spec CA18 i'm going to be pulling out and i need to do more research on the tuning paths of the RB too, since all i know about is the CA :)

thanks for all the help and i'll stick around i'm sure :)
cool we do a lot of meets, track days, drag days etc so it would be good to link up.....:cheers:

·
bodged s13.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heh, that's handy. cheers for the link.

i wont be at the meet unfortunately, i posted on'th tother thread, i was ahem.. reminded by my wife that we're on holiday that week.

i hadn't forgotten dear, honest :D

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
give mammoth a pm, he's on the sxoc and on here and he has a 32 which will be getting a rb26 dropped into it, he rebuilt his old s13 engine so he will be able to help you out :)

·
1st RB20DET S13 in UK
389 Posts
Hey mate, i see your posts on the SXOC a lot... just thought id mention it, but if your going for a CA box on the RB, it is actually longer than the RB's gearbox, by 50mm IIRC...

You'll maybe need to shorten the propshaft a bit to get the RB block sitting as far back as the CA is just now.:)

Just didnt want you to miss this difference, and end up finding out right when your ready to put it together! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts