Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone have any tips for this, does some water need to be drained and how tight should i do the nuts up? need to takeit off as i have a snapped bolt in it and i need to drill it out but cant do it while its on the car.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
hi ian,you need to take off all the pipe work above it but you prop have done that already,then you need to remove 3 bango bolts which are the water feed and oil feed one of which is under the turbo easier to get to from under the car move them out the way remove the bolts from the manifould 4 of,then remove your down pipe its easier that way only 3 bolts,then pull that bad boy out the way.oops forgot to say have a tray under the car to catch the oil from the turbo.:wave:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buy me a bigger one and i will stusy, what about the water? how much will drain out and how much oil will drain out?

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone else

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
soz ian havent replied buzy.you only loose water and oil which is left over from in the turbo very little realy but you dont want oil on the floor do you.once fitted bk on fill water up if needed and oil if needed again,then pull the plug off the advance timing cover try turn the car over it wont let you keep doing it till the red oil light goes out then reconect the plug and away you go.:wave:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no worries :) is there a drain plug near the turbo or do you just let it come out when you take the pipe off? how tight shall i do the banjo bolts up and would you reckomend taking the fuel pump fuse out too or not. sorry for all the questions, just need to know everything before i try the job :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
no drain plug just those bolts which are banjo fitting.removing the fuse not sure i didnt.how tight not realy realy tight you should have little cooper washes on the bango bolts dont loose them you need them.;)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will mark up the bolt and banjo with a paint pen so that i know roughly where to tighten them to, i hope i sort it as i need to give a good spanking

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
once you have taken it all off your think **** me that was easy,your be doing turbo conversions for ever body before you no it.:drivin:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah its just first time nerves, just like when you pull your first fat bird and get worried if she will crush you!!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have keith, its just i dont have a turbo the size you did :)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good idea, didnt even think about that :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts