Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a r32 gts rb25de auto which has a blown autobox i managed to get an rb25det autobox to go on what i want to know is does this box fit straight on or do i have to change anything else ?????:bigthumb:

·
Seasoned Member
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bigthumb:
hi all i have a r32 gts rb25de auto which has a blown autobox i managed to get an rb25det autobox to go on what i want to know is does this box fit straight on or do i have to change anything else ?????:bigthumb:
hello anyone ?>????????

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
i don't know the answer but there the same engine block so bolt patterns the same if you have the torque converter/flywheel of the det you should be able to make it fit,have you checked the numbers on the boxes/do they look different ,it maybe worth posting it in the tech section somebody might have done it the other way around,or check skyline australia they seem to have done it all before skyline arrived here

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
There is 1 problem I know of..... The R32 uses a speedo cable, any 25DET box will use an electric sensor. You can modify the 25DET box to make it accept a speedo cable quite easily from what I have read! (google it for specifics, I'm not 100% sure :) )

I haven't done a conversion like that before so I'm not sure if there are any other problems, I don't think there will be though, the bell housing bolt pattern is the same and pretty sure the drive shaft and crossmember are the same too!
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong though :)

·
Seasoned Member
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi all thanxs for the info i checked the crossmenber /gearbox mount and there differant also the rb25det box is smaller than the de one that and the speedo cable are the only differances i can see ;)anymore help out there i think that because the gearbox is shorter that the propshaft would nt fit either ?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts