Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was getting a bit of practice for a diff and drift day on sunday.was all going well, parked car up after and went to go home later on, started the car and oil light stayed on for about a second or so when she started and could hear a little rattle, thought o sh1t big ends:wtf: :doh:

the knocking only comes into her when ya start her after sitting a while and goes, it then comes back when ya rev her over 2500RPM, so iv decided to lift her out and overhaul my rb25det.

have the wiring loom disconnected, exhaust off, radiator out and a few other bits and pieces. now this is where i need the advice:naughty:

1)are there bolts the hole way round the bell housing round the gear box connecting it to the engine???

2)wil i need a jack under the gearbox when the engine comes out?

3)i take it the easiest way to get the engine out is to pull forward away from gearbox and lift out from the top?

4)where is the best place to get all my parts from and reasonably priced?

think thats it at the mo guys when i get my engine stripped i'll need more help :bigthumb:

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
2/ yep, they are bloody heavy, and tbh, you may find it almost impossible to get out if the car is on the ground.. you may need a car lift

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
well, after that, good luck mate! if you can, try and document what you are doing (will help others, plus will help if you ever sell the car!)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Cheapest places for parts will be a mix of ebay, Rising sun and Abbey.

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had a peek there m8 just dont have that kinda cash lying about, that bhp would be very nice but im on a tight budget so im just going for pistons,rings,gasket sets,bearing sets etc... more or less just going for standard m8

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
1)are there bolts the hole way round the bell housing round the gear box connecting it to the engine???

Yep and theres two right behind the bulk head, my advice get these out first and the rest are a doddle, wobble attachment for your rachet should do the trick also triple jointed wrists are handy lol

2)wil i need a jack under the gearbox when the engine comes out?

Always Best

3)i take it the easiest way to get the engine out is to pull forward away from gearbox and lift out from the top?

Yep
hope thats of some help

·
Registered
508 Posts
there are two bellhousing bolts right at the top near the bulkhead which are a pain to get to, when i took mine out i found it easier to undo the engine mounts and lift the engine slightly, remove the engine mounts completly then lower the engine back down the extra couple of inches you've given yourself, then you can get to the two awkward ones-- my top tip!

oh and take lots of pictures coz if you're like me you'll forget where things came from and where they should go!

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i stripped the engine, results are not good, spun one of the big end bearings and 3/4 of the pistons where cracked around the rings!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts