Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, And blessings to all:

Need a little help here, the car start increasing the pressure in the radiator at a point that it came off the edge off the cap so all my engine is full of brown nasty coolant. Also the exhaust is smoking. It is my understanding that is a blown head gasket . Now I was trying to check on the piston rings to see if I also need to buy them by removing PCV hose while engine runs, to look for smoke or vapor coming out, which I did but as soon as I did this engine died. I put the PCV hose back in and this time I try to take oil cap off and after 1 sec engine star failing and died again. PCV needs to be replaced apparently, right?. Any guidance or comments, please let me know if I am going the right direction, and also need advice what would be better or CHEAPER buy an engine ; Or replace all full set of gaskets upgrading to metal head gasket/timing belt/PCV and fix this one. Also if there anybody that know a (TRUST-FULL) place to take engine head to be rebuild close to Kaiserslautern let me know.
( Again TRUST-FULL PLACE, Some people in the scene here honestly can not be called JDM mechanics,they just CHARGED THIEFS, OOPS :sorry: IF IT FITS YOU PUT IT ON) that's why ill better do the job myselft. Anyway, Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance. :cheers:

T

·
0 Posts
Yes the PCV valve needs to be connected otherwise you'll have a vacuum leak on idle and it won't like it.

Check for blue smoke, cream on the oil cap, and get it leak down tested for compression.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you have coolant leaking from the rad cap that would be an overpressurised system. This is usually cause by a bad thermostat. Really easy to replace. I am more of a i need to be around the car to trouble shoot. And yes if there is coolant in with your engine oil that could be a cracked head or blown head gasket, and if your engine overheated, it could be a cracked head/black. All of this isnt looking too good. If you might need any help let me know. Spangdahlem isnt that far from k-town.

·
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!
157 Posts
What was the outcome? If you find a machine shop I will help you rebuild yours. I got all the tools and whatnot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shuuuu, Im done already and on my way to Afghanistan. However, the car seem to have a damage coil in # 6 spark plug. Well talk about it when I come back. Thank you doh...

·
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!
157 Posts
Found a really great welding shop, a sweet paint shop, and a badass machine shop all in Mainz near Wiesbaden.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts