Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 500hp rb25det street car which I sometimes use on the track.

The valve cover breathers are venting to the engine bay and the PCV is unblocked venting to the plenum.

If I don't run a catch can, is the concern that I will send oil into the engine bay if I run high rpm for a while ?

What is everyones opinion on a setup with each valve cover breather going to a catch can and blocking off the top (vertical) breather ?

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exhaust

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exhaust

Super Moderator
I have a 500hp rb25det street car which I sometimes use on the track.

The valve cover breathers are venting to the engine bay and the PCV is unblocked venting to the plenum.

If I don't run a catch can, is the concern that I will send oil into the engine bay if I run high rpm for a while ?

What is everyones opinion on a setup with each valve cover breather going to a catch can and blocking off the top (vertical) breather ?

View attachment 127830
View attachment 127830
In theory, it shouldn't, but I would dump the PCV and run a tank in any case it will put your mind at rest, also in theory more boost should increase ring seal, but that's not always the case so another reason for running a catch can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts