Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Above

Was driving today the car was fine, came to a give way and i could feel it missing slighty. Pulled up at a mates, went for a brew. Came out and tried to restart car and it was mising badly and smoking like a train. Drove it home and it cleaered. Just been out in it and its the same and struggles to turn over now. Worrying about it. May have to go now

Any Suggestions be very helpful

Totaly standard

Thanks

·
sliding like your mum
63 Posts
Struggling to turn over would say to me its trying to hydraulic from coolant leak into a cylinder eg headgasket. Try running with rad cap off and see if the coolant is bubbling. Or get a compression test done. These would be my first checks from what you described :)

·
sliding like your mum
63 Posts
Excess pressure in rad would push coolant into header still pointing at head gasket etc

·
Registered
331 Posts
Was thinking on a headgasket to, suggest you do the tests that paul describes and dont drive with it anymore.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Are you in the AA/RAC etc?

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Cupla hundred quid to do

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah mate in aa with home start, might give them a ring tomorrow. I can pretty much to everything to a car never done a head though, easy job?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
AA can do a headgasket check on the roadside if you call them out, rules out one possibility then!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's be ace mate, I'll give them a shout tomorrow morning.

When I turned it of it was still smoking/steaming too

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I wouldn't run it until you get it checked out properly bud, a hydrolock can be a massive headache!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will the aa be able to tell easy with there test? It runs smooth until warm and start missing and smoking

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Yes mate the AA will be able to tell you in 2 minutes, they literally do a sniffer bottle test on the rad to check for exhaust gasses in the coolant. Mega simple test.

·
brett
711 Posts
a hydrolock can kill a engine.i wouldnt advise you keep running it if that is the case.new headgasket kit £140,head bolts unless you reuse the old ones and labour so your talking £500+ if the head itself is ok.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im not going to use it, got AA come to take it to a garge on thursday, Cant decided if to keep or sell it now...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts