Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and in need of some help.

I have swapped a spec 1 rb25det into my s14 and was hoping to use just the engine and dash harness to run the engine and gauge cluster.
I've wired 12 volts to the appropriate wires on the ECU but not having any luck starting the engine.

Don't suppose anyone has done this before and can shed any light?

·
Registered
420 Posts
No idea personally but search around here or try Skylines Australia (SAU) and Driftworks forums. Hard to believe someone hasn't discussed this somewhere. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is pretty mad that there's no more information on stuff like this. A friend has a spec 2 that just required 3 lives to a plug where the wheel arch fuse box usually is and it fires straight up.

I've been searching for weeks trying to find a way to get it running with just an engine and dash loom but either people are keeping it close to their chest or no one's actually done it.

I have been told that the only way to do it is standalone ecu but I find it hard to believe there isn't another way around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is how it is currently, be a hell of alot better if she actually ran 🤣

·
Registered
420 Posts
Lol, some of your car is missing btw :) Nice project. From my experience there are various subtle differences between the different Nissan models and variants that make it more difficult to plug and play different parts. Electrical and wiring problems suck. My piggy back ECU is currently having problems and I don't know if it's the unit or wiring, but it's a total PITA to troubleshoot. Probably need to test all the connections.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers mate, it's a big work in progress. After 4 years of building I was hoping it would be up and running finally but yet again more issues 😂 fingers crossed there's a wiring wizard out there that can help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts