Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In what order would you recomend moding an RB25DET and what increase would each mod make?

I would like to get to about 350 - 400BH.

The engine is out of the car at present and being stripped as it needs a re-bore. I was thinking about lower comp forged pistons and possibly steel rods (pauter or another make) or would the standard rods cope with that power?

Any advice appreciated.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
All depends on your budget basically

if you've got the dosh-buy the best

the std rods should be up to 400, but depends how your gonna drive it, if it's just the odd squirt hear and there then ok, but if it's gonna be a regular thrashing-get that wallet out!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well as I said it' starting off with a rebuild. What I was looking for was advice on what to fit. I need some constructive comments and not empty your wallet

I've got a spare HKS GT3037 for a turbo but there may be something that's a better choice from peoples experiences.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
You did get a constructive comment!!

It's hard to give advice when you aren't saying what you are gonna do with your car and how much you want to spend.

If you want a proffesional opinion ring someone like ABBEY or Rod Bell, they have done this sort of thing so many times and will know the best brands to use.

As for the turbo, the 2530 is supposed to be the best one around for quickish spool up etc, but a steelie rebuild on the standard one can give excellent results for low rev power.

I think the most important thing on the RB25 when seeking big power is to ensure the fueling is sorted, so its either go for the Power fc or fit some sort of piggyback fuel controller.

TBH mate when looking for technical info to the scale you want, try skylinesdownunder as they have been there, done that etc etc

Pete

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car will be used every day so it needs to be capable of that but being a litle impatient on the road it has to go well too. I'm not in to drag starts but it must have excellent mid and top end power. The turbo G-Sport has is tempting but I know a few people so I may find one a little cheaper, have to see on that.

Does any one know what the power limit of the standard clutch is?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Sneezer

I have followed a sensible mod path with my car and it made 330 at the hubs. Thats with no internal modifications and a reworked standard turbo. But fuelling and mapping is vitally important.

To be honest any more power will, in my opinion, be very hard to control. And if your car is going to be an every day driver you will have to take this into consideration.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Warwick that sounds pretty good. So what sort of mods have you made?
I was thinking about an Omex or similar stand alone ignition and fueling system once I'm ready to drop the engine back in. That way if I change anything later there will not be too many problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Omex 710

Hi ya just 2 let u no i have recently put a turbo kit and intacooler and fitted OMEX 710 ECU to my 33GTST RB25DET i think im 1 of the first 2 do this over in the uk its plug and play system or will b when i put a kit on the markit but on std injectors i made 400BHP and 510nm of torque at 15psi not bad but on standerd internals ill let u all no how i get on and will post sum pic's soon

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Hi ya just 2 let u no i have recently put a turbo kit and intacooler and fitted OMEX 710 ECU to my 33GTST RB25DET i think im 1 of the first 2 do this over in the uk its plug and play system or will b when i put a kit on the markit but on std injectors i made 400BHP and 510nm of torque at 15psi not bad but on standerd internals ill let u all no how i get on and will post sum pic's soon
This thread is from 2003 matey.... :) And please take the time to spell things correctly.. We dont like text talk on the forum...

And welcome to the club... Start a new thread in the newbie section and Get some pics up. :cheers:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
400bhp on std injectors, right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts