rb25det (s14)
1.3mm headgasket
blitz induction kit
turbo back s/s exhaust
iridium grade 8 spark plugs
290lph fuel pump
standard turbo
front mount intercooler

imlooking to buy a GReddy style inlet manifold and its possible i may 'have' to go top feed injectors, what are the ones you can recommend? and what do i need to go with them??

i know that i will need a top feed fuel rail and obviously injectors but what else?

also what ecu can i use? im looking to go up to rsp to see if i can get one of there premapped ecu's for my car but im unsure on what to get...

sorry about all the questions but im a proper noob when it comes to this kind of thing (also my car is my daily)

many thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
hi all

my names danny

and my current set up is:

rb25det (s14)
1.3mm headgasket
blitz induction kit
turbo back s/s exhaust
iridium grade 8 spark plugs
290lph fuel pump
standard turbo
front mount intercooler

imlooking to buy a GReddy style inlet manifold and its possible i may 'have' to go top feed injectors, what are the ones you can recommend? and what do i need to go with them??

i know that i will need a top feed fuel rail and obviously injectors but what else?

also what ecu can i use? im looking to go up to rsp to see if i can get one of there premapped ecu's for my car but im unsure on what to get...

sorry about all the questions but im a proper noob when it comes to this kind of thing (also my car is my daily)

many thanks
Isn't the 290 pump over kill, I thought they are for 500-600bhp?

·
Area Rep
2,153 Posts
Hi Danny. You don't need top feed injectors. Iv got a GReddy plenum with the Standard side feed fuel rail on 555cc injectors running over 500bhp and they're fine. Have a nose at some project threads. I'd love to update my thread but waiting on RSP to send the photos of the build since Match!

·
rb'd s14 :D
593 Posts
Hi Danny. You don't need top feed injectors. Iv got a GReddy plenum with the Standard side feed fuel rail on 555cc injectors running over 500bhp and they're fine. Have a nose at some project threads. I'd love to update my thread but waiting on RSP to send the photos of the build since Match!
Some of them say they don't accept the standard fuel rail and injectors that's why I was looking

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I'm on Greddy style plenum running SARD 720cc side feeds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Right im new to these engines aswell I have just bought an S14 with RB25 spec 2 engine and I have got headgasket issues so i am in the process of replacing it. I am just unsure with all of the conflicting posts whether to go for an uprated one or not based on the view that I will not be going for any ridiculous power. I also wondered if anyone has any good advice for replacement plugs and oil, cheers

T

·
0 Posts
This thread is a year old and is now resolved. Please do not post until you have checked the posts/threads are up to date.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Bro thats hardly any mods, what i saw in my car after i took the engine apart was the pistons are hopeless i dont know iron? So i just replaced them with tomei 2558 cc pistons and h beam con rods alongst tomei solid lifter conversion kit and 10.25 deg camshaft. If i cudnt get a 26 lets make it nearly as precise and good.

Falah Khalid

·
Registered
9 Posts
im an rb newbie we need more threads like this! maybe have some of the admins and long time serving members come up with a rb25 stage tuning guide possibly?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for Complete Diagram

I once found complete diagrams for r32, 33 and 34. i downloaded them but my computer crashed. i don't remember if i found them here on skylineowners.com or if it was on skylineaustraila.com. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very intresting thread guys!! It helps a lot :cheers:

In my RS13 i have:

Stock RB25DET internals
Walbro 255
Full decat 3"
FMIC
Universal air filter
Greddy manifold
80mm throttle body
stage 2 clutch kit
Greddy profec B spec 2 to be set (is better 0.8 or 0.85bar to be safe??)

I'm looking for 320-330hp what you think i need yet? Reading the whole thread i should be near to 300hp now right?

I thought a greddy emanage cheaper instead of a Power FC to gain those 20hp... Or it's a waste of money?

If I did 310-315hp on dyno would be fine anyway :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does anybody knows where do must i put the EGT sensor on my steel exhaust manifold?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
It goes into the downpipe

·
Registered
67 Posts
But in the dp is not accurated as it is in the manifold...

I saw in the web that the most hottest cylinders are 4-5-6... So i think that put the egt sensor on 1st or 2nd cylinder will be fine... What you guys think?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Everyone puts the sensor in the down pipe unless your running 6 egt sensors

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
If your going to put the EGT sensor in the manifold runner then make sure you have a good quality inconel one or you risk killing the turbo if it melts, most fit it to the down pipe, but i usually fit them to the turbo outlet just below the exhaust compressor, i find it gives around 100c lower temp to the manifold runner.

261 - 280 of 298 Posts