Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The motor is all stock and has been running fine scence 2006 Recently just started idoling bad, I can start it no problem and if I keep my foot on it, It will stay running if I let go it dies, If I try to rev it up High It will sputter.

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx1

you know I have messed with every sensor that I could think of and have yet to mess with the coil paks, Ill take a look at them tomorrow mabey something came loose... thx

Bryan

·
RB25det inside
1,253 Posts
Sounds more like air leak or faulty AFM to me
Sounds like a air leak to me as well.
Is the car boosting ok ?
Check all pipes from afm to throttle body.
Might be a problem with the idle control valve as well.

I dont think the idle problem has anything to do with plugs or coil packs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx2

I thought it might have been Idol air control valve the first time I took it off and cleaned it up really good and It didnt fix the problem, the valve is moving ok. So Ill try looking for any leaks, and yes my turbo Boost fine Its bran new less than 200 miles on it, when you can get the car to idol corectly it spools right up, But ill check on some leaks...

Thanks guys,
Bryan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got IT!!!

Well Drift! that was it, I had some plugs on the rubber hose that goes to the turbo and one of them poped out I never would have thought something as simple as that could have ever made the whole care run Like crap. I went back over all my piping conections and tightened everything down. Car is once again running like a raped ape. Thanks man!

Bryan.

·
Curb-Smacker
303 Posts
next time bryan come find me or glen and we can get under the hood with u to help if you want we are here in heidelberg also

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep yep

well lesson learned, im currently tossed up on if im gonna sell it or not. I got about 16k invested but im getting ready to pcs and could always use the extra cash... I just dont think its worth it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts