Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

wow, i think this is my first question in technical lol

ok, does anyone know/can anyone confirm that fitting twins from GTR onto a GTT is fairly straightforward?

do the oil/water outputs sit in the same location on the block?, the cat sits in the same place, there is no difference in chassis so there will be ample room at the side of the engine to fit twins?:smoker:

im thinking GTR..

GTR elbowsx2
GTR turbosx2
GTR fannymouldsx2
GTR oil/water lines (should mount up in same place)
GTR downpipes

should fit directly on with no issues and we are then left with just the inlet side to chop about?

opinions?

discuss...

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
That would actually be a really cool idea, and maybe something i would consider.

Any techys know if this would work??

A GTSR :D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
first issue is your exhaust manifold stud pattern not the same as a RB26.

Second is you only have 1 lambda sensor.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
just buy a RB26 head and put that on its easier trust me.

Infact just do a transplant.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
that will be too far away to measure accurately fuel mixture.

Lambda works better under heat.

Also the reason for dual lambda sensors is that you have greater ability to control.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TBH it would just have a delay....the lambda sensors work in a certian heatrange but they are fitted with heaters (three wire versions), also i monitor [email protected] decat and its around 400 degrees during normal driving (bearing in mind they have a limit of 500 degrees)

the twin sensors control one bank of three cylinders each but it does not need this.....99% of aftermarket ECU's dont even use the sensors on the GTR, if you wired one sensor to both wires it would just lose the ability to control banks seperately, i cant see why it would affect fuelling

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Just to address the people who advocate an RB26 transplant over this particular mod; it's my car we're doing this on and I like to be a bit different when I can so the RB25 stays for now :)

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
There's a guy on SAU who tried this on a 20 and he just couldn't make it work right. He had so many issues and it cost a pretty penny as well.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
The oil feed is in a different place and there is only one oil drain. No reason why it can not be done but some custom oil/water lines will be needed.

Richard

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Richard can you make these custom oil/water lines??

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Look at this tasty little number ;)

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so nright now we are looking at

custom water/oil lines
chopped fannymoulds
chopped/custom oil return
chopped/custom inlet side to meet up with single AFM (actually this bit might be pretty easy)

first things first we need an RB25 manifold/flange (i already have twin RB26 jobbies for transplant)

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day, i've got a T78 to go on eventually and was wondering if a smaller turbothat boosts earlier would work, like the sequential setup a gtr has
twin turbo RB25's never get a mention though so i thought i'd just get ripped for asking

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was thinking about this the other day, i've got a T78 to go on eventually and was wondering if a smaller turbothat boosts earlier would work, like the sequential setup a gtr has
twin turbo RB25's never get a mention though so i thought i'd just get ripped for asking

you wont get ripped for asking any technical question no matter how silly it may seem, i can assure you of that:apint:

lets be honest nissan thought that a twin turbo version was the best medium for a quick roadcar....im not one to argue with that:smoker:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
From what I understand the twin setup will make a better car for road and track because of the quick spool rate, but the boost will drop off quicker.

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
sounds like a nice project guys best of luck, think yous might nead it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts