Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
1,540 Posts
My guts have fallen out my arse just looking at those pics.
I hope you have a reinforced bowel when youre actually driving the thing.
Are you using t51r or gt45 or something?.......

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly, could you ever get used to 800 odd horsies in something as light as a matchbox............
You must be some pilot.
Im not,I have alot of learning to do and will be taking my time in getting to know the car and what its truely capable of.

Then,when I know the car and its capability,I know my capability and am comfortable at driving it fast,I will give a few people some passenger laps in it.

·
Seasoned Member
1,199 Posts
Im not,I have alot of learning to do and will be taking my time in getting to know the car and what its truely capable of.

Then,when I know the car and its capability,I know my capability and am comfortable at driving it fast,I will give a few people some passenger laps in it.
sounds like a man with a plan ;) ive been watching this build on GTRoc awesome work dude

wardy

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What started out as a joke over a cuppa tea,soon turned into a bit of measuring up between the alfa 147 and an r32 GTR sat side by side,and then a plan was hatched to make this happen.

Credit goes to the people who did the fabrication work to convert a FWD race car to 4WD setup and also to the company who are building the engine and doing all the custom suspension components and setting the car up for me.

I did do some of the work myself,but not enough to take full credit for this project.
Full credit to the 2 companies involved in making the project actually happen for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Engine sits in under the new firewall and in under the windcreen,better weight distribution and better accelerating,braking and handling car.

Wheel base is 40mm shorter than the oem R32 GTR wheelbase.

Bodywork is mostly carbon fibre,but still looks like a normal Alfa 147,thats the way I want the car to be.Only difference is the front lower bumper spoiler,the carbon adjustable rear wing and rear diffuser,for aero/stability.

Attachments

·
Man with Welt of Horse
370 Posts
Even if you didn't like Alfa's that is epic!!

I spotted this the last time I was at TDP and thought there was more to it than met the eye, such an understatement lol

·
South Wales Area Rep
310 Posts
**** u not this car is gonna be a skyline killer or super car for that matter. but can the car handle the power she got we will find out.....

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
surely the sr20det would have made more sense. same power in 4 cylinders and lighter as a result?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
surely the sr20det would have made more sense. same power in 4 cylinders and lighter as a result?
Sense,whats that then??

When I saw that the RB26 could be shoehorned into the 147 and that so could the 4WD system be made to fit,then I had to have it done.So ihave a 147 that is both RWD and 4WD too,best of both worlds.

Full Motec management,data logging system Motec 4WD controller,lMotec SDS digital race dash aswell.

Different is good.:)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.