Skyline Owners Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
living the life
2,544 Posts
I used this thead as a guide when building my engine and doing the head . Brilliant thread this . Bill should pop down your way this week for the rear arches as I have a bumper to fetch aswell .

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I used this thead as a guide when building my engine and doing the head..
and thats exactly why i wrote it!!!, when i needed to rebuild mine i couldnt find any indepth info on the RB26 so i thought i would take a few pics and try myself...the guide isnt perfect, bits are missed out but as long as it helps then it was worth doing

pop down any evening mate, im normally in after 6pm

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is an excellent thread. Lots of info and I'll be coming back to use this when I refresh my engine. Very much appreciated.

Did you buy a turbo gasket kit with new studs/nuts on the first rebuild? If so where from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello mate,

I was just surfing some on the internet looking for parts for my r32 gtst. But then i got stuck on reading this page. Nice how to! took me a hour or so to read. I'm a mechanic my self and i saw some nice things you did that i really like! I'll be rebuilding mine rb20det to soon so it was nice to see how you did it.

However why did you bore and hone the engine without meassuring for taper of oval of the cilinder? You might had only have to hone and fit stock size pistons and rings.

To bad there isn't a lot of aftermarket pistons for my rb20det for sale..:-(

About the breaking in method, i prefer not to ''trash'' my fully rebuild eninge imediatly the first 20miles. I rather run it in easily with low boost and a lot of gauges, and then JUST occasaliy put the throthle to the floor, and run it the first 20miles on mineral oil only.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
The bore had a ridge to it so it was pretty easy to make the decision to go slightly larger on the piston.

As for break in its an opinion thing...I have done it both ways and had good results with both so whatever floats your boat is ok IMO

If you dont mind me asking....what does your username stand for?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Aha oke i get wath you mean!

I know wat you think it stands for. midlands showoff team right?

But no that's not me. It has no meaning at this point to be honest haha.

·
Registered
90 Posts
lol, you registered just to ask me that!

yes ill update this in the next few days but to give you the short and curlys i ended up selling the engine and breaking the car for parts....just as i was about to fit the engine (time booked off work etc) i decided to just go and buy something a bit more "normal" as some of my circumstances changed and i needed a reliable car for work...i bought a 5.0 V8 mercs..

the technical part of this thread ends here :(
old thread but a good one , you have possibly moved on but I am having trouble finding the standard Journal measurements . I am in the middle of sticking RB26 internals inside an RB25 , with - forged 86.5mm HKS pistons- uprated con rods- Jun collar , but can`t find what the standard dimensions from Nissan or the net are fro the mains and con rod journals on a 26 crank , anyone any reference or knowlage thanks !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi mate,

Already replied once though, but now im rebuilding my rb20det.
Just got the crank meassurd, it's all good, but i don't really get it with the bearing grades could you help me figure out?
I want to use ACL race bearings, but i can mostly find std size of 0.1 0.2 0.3 oversized.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
old thread but a good one , you have possibly moved on but I am having trouble finding the standard Journal measurements . I am in the middle of sticking RB26 internals inside an RB25 , with - forged 86.5mm HKS pistons- uprated con rods- Jun collar , but can`t find what the standard dimensions from Nissan or the net are fro the mains and con rod journals on a 26 crank , anyone any reference or knowlage thanks !

Sorry I didn't see this until now, I guess you have sorted your issue.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts