Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be buying an R32 GTR in the near future and have a few questions, first of all i know these engines are built like brick **** houses anyway but at what point do either the turbos start dying or the engine. Im looking for one with around 40K on the clock which at this point seems quite easy to find.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
there isnt a real hard and fast answer to that question really, it all depends on the life of the car, has it been abused, has it been regularly serviced....it can be a combination of things really.....but I think over 60k approx you could expect things to start to let go I guess......

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
My AFMs went around 70,000 and according to Abbey this is common between 60,000 and 70,000. Clutch and Turbos are a weak point if abused but otherwise not a problem. These are all things I've been told so not sure if they are definately true or not.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I would agree with all that's been said already but there are people who have their cars as daily drivers and have in excess of 100,000 on the clock with no problems however my guess is that the cars in question recieve regular servicing and have relatively few modifications.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I'd go with that Venners. Mine is my daily driver, gets new oil every 3 months or less, new plugs every 6 months or less and is not driven very hard. Also has very few mods.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts