Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Yep its too tight, you will probs find the noise will go off when the belt has stretched slightly

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
As I already said mate, sound like the belt is way too tight. This will also put big stress on the tensioner pulley. Friend of mine had it too on his R33 GTST and it sounded the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yesterday i tried to fix the problem.

I also cheanged the water pump; the old one is nearly damaged I think. So it was good to change it.

Than I installed the timing belt again. Not as tight as the last time.

But when I started the engine the noise is still there. Not as loud as the last time but still there.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
do you have access to a stethoscope?,this would help track down where the noise originates

·
oh shes blowin a hulie...
291 Posts
yeah i got my timing belt done last week, got the belt tensioners and water pump changed and i have the exact same sound as the vid. my mechanic friend was sayin its just a tensioner bedding in and that it should go away after a short period.
have to go back to the garage early next week so gonna get it looked at then.

·
Banned
52 Posts
any news on this guys?

I've just changed my belt and have exactly the same noise. Is it safe to leave it and let everything bed in and the belt strecth slightly or should i take everything apart again and adjust it.

·
oh shes blowin a hulie...
291 Posts
update...
i left my car back and the mechanic told me one of the pullies was rubbing off the cam cover and he had sorted it out. when the car was started the sound was indeed gone, that was last week. i was still abit unsure so i let it sit and drive away listening to see if it came back and sure enuf over the weekend it has. its louder when the car is cold and gets quieter as it warms up but doesnt completly go away.
im not sure about adverse effects but sayin that i havent really reved her much over 5k.

basically im gonna bring it back again and get it sorted but im just wonderin if anyone here had found a definitave answer before i do...
:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts