Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion, someone who has a RB26DETT, how hard would it be, to clone the RB26DETT into a RB26DETT Z2? I have read, there is only a very small amount of them made, but if it really is such a good engine, I definitely want one, however I would rather build it myself, than try and buy one straight out...also...does anyone know where I can get blueprints...

for:
the RB26, all models of it!
the RB30, all models of it!
Skyline R34, all models of it!

Thank you ahead of time for anyone who can help...I am looking for computer copies as well as hard copies...just in case...Thank you!

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or the RB-X GT2, cloning to it....or blueprints of???

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dont know what your mechanical ability is, however I have been an aircraft mechanic for over ten years, I am brave enough to tackle many things on the skyline. But I do know my limits. There are things that you need to keep in mind on a RB26, i.e. solid lifters, sodium filled valves, shimming cams, and much more. Personally I am not to that level yet. It would be a pricey mistake. Furthermore, a professionally built RB would be a lot better for your first skyline. But if you can do it, do it. More power to ya. Good luck.

·
SuprSkyline
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts