Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME SOME INFO...

HAS ANYONE TRIED TO SHIPP THIS ENGINE TO THE STATES. IS IT POSSIBLE ? I HAVE A SPARE ONE AND I AM TRYING TO TAKE IT HOME WITH ME ...

MY PLAN WAS TO DRY THE ENGINE (DRAIN ALL FLUIDS). MACHINE SHOP CLEAN IT, SET IT ON A WOOD CRATE ON TOP OF A OLD TIRE SECURE IT WITH CINCHTITE STRAPS AND WRAP IT WITH A LOT OF WRAPPING PLASTIC.

ANY INFORMATION WILL BE APPRECIATED. ALSO IF ANYONE KNOW A BETTER WAY. PLUS WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS FOR THIS ENGINE PLEASE SHARE IT.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok, all caps isn't needed. But yes, it's very possible to do. Are you in the military over there or just want to ship it on your own? Either way it will need to be spotless o any oil. After that it just a matter of making sure its palated securely and shipped. Many rbs are in the states.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, all caps isn't needed. But yes, it's very possible to do. Are you in the military over there or just want to ship it on your own? Either way it will need to be spotless o any oil. After that it just a matter of making sure its palated securely and shipped. Many rbs are in the states.
Thanks for the post, sorry for the caps letters. :cheers: But, Why you ask if I'm military, can I include it with my household goods, if pack properly ?

My goal is to have it in a engine stand and put some $$ into it. I have a Datsun 510 over, and I will try to set it in it if possible.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, at least US military can ship it with house hold goods. As long as you don't go over your maximum allowable weight.

·
Boogiedyboogiedyboogiedy!
157 Posts
I would pallatize it, shrinkwrap it after draining all the fluids. You may need some sort of drainage sheet for the shipper. But yeah, If I can ship air compressors and air tools, you should be able to ship an engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts