Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i would start a project thread on my r32
brought the car 4 years ago with a blown up rb oil dripping every were pretty much had run every bearing
decided to build a bit of a street weapon /track whore
spec list so far is
wiseco forged pistons
mangly forged rods
kelford 272 9.5mm cams
super tech heavy duty valve springs
ported rb25det head vct removed
hks cam gears
tomei oil pump
crank collar
oil restricters fitted
r.i.p.s sump and modified oil pick up
r.i.p.s inlet manafold and 80mm tb
greddy fuel rail and oil cooler and fmic
tial 44 wastegate and 50mm bov
custom exhaust manafold
1x walbro intank pump
2x bosch 044s
6 x id 1000cc injectors
quarter master twin plate clutch and custom flywheel
ati 1000hp crank pulley and trigger wheel for ignition timing
garrett 3582r turbo
bolt in half cage
k-sport adjustables all round
subframe lock collars
adjustable toe and camber arms (full non hicas conversion)
race tech bucket seats etc etc

let me know what you think i have missed a heap of stuff and photos are a bit old different wheels etc now but you get the idea cheers dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking forward to turning the key that's for sure, thanks guys I'll get some more recent pictures etc

·
3,402 Posts
Sleeper much!!! Lol that's awesome we defo need a few video when it's up and running!!!

What sort of figure are you hoping for? I'd imagine with it being RWD you won't be pushing it too max power?

·
Registered
836 Posts
some stunning pics there dude, any chance you can list some of the mods you had to do, i.e. did you have to grind down the castings on the block under the exhaust manifold to get it to fit ok? did you put a head drain in? did you block the rear oil feed? did you keep the vct or use solid lifters? if you went to solid lifters did it still need oil feed to the buckets/shims etc. what type of crank balancing did you have done? just the standard type, or dynamic (weighted type), using the rods, pistons, bearings and flywheel etc, what bhp/rpm you looking to run? anything i haven't mentioned please feel free to say. Im going to be building mine in the new year so am looking for as much info as possible to help me do mine.
Regards Thwish

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just restrictors no head drain had the oil return galleries modified,no vct but still running hydraulic lifters if U wanted bigger cams then you would need solid lifters head modified so it doesn't need a external oil feed,the catch can is draining back to the sump will also put another oil drain from the exhaust cam cover to the sump,dynamically ballanced blueprinted arp fastners throughout im hoping to see 600 whp or close to it,also have a link g4 running boost etc via that ,acl bearings etc, I highly recomend a decent oil pump and crank collar ,have seen these motors stock but freshend up running 400 plus wheel hp,and yes U need to grind the block for the exhaust manafold to fit,rpm limit should be about 8000rpm

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
What colour is that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think its a factory Honda or Mazda colour, I do have the paint code but im not a huge fan of the colour but its on there and its in fair condition I would rather a bit more stealth colour like black or white

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats a rips inlet plenum, you can buy them in the UK , but doesn't have any option to run a iac valve bit of a piss round sorting out that,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts