Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I love rc.... I recently bought one, and even though its been trouble, its still great fun... Get 2 metres away from me and the cars got its own mind....lol

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
if the controls are playing up at distance you either need some new crystals or a diferent band,some of the 27mhz am ones get interferance easily

·
bla
17,374 Posts
if the controls are playing up at distance you either need some new crystals or a diferent band,some of the 27mhz am ones get interferance easily
Im just gonna get another and use this one as spares.... :boogy:

Which is better nitro or rc?!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
nitro or electic i think you mean
nitro is expensive,to quantify that purely on running cost i spent more running two nitro trucks in a year than the skyline
electric is easy clean and lots cheaper,nitro fuel is also very poisonous so you have to be very careful with kids around

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Ill stick with the elec for now then.... Im looking for a new one now :)

I was quite suprised at how fast it is and the drifting... Next best to the real thing :D

·
R32 GTS-t
121 Posts
Wow! I used to race RC cars about 10 years ago, but haven't touched one for a long time. I never realised you could drift them - do they have any special requirements compared to a standard 4WD electric 1/10?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
just the tyres really,and you dont need a fast motor,a decent 27 turn race spec motor is more than enough
you can go more indepth with the suspension settings but out the box if you have the right tyres most will drift just fine,oh a locked rear diff is a must for big smooth drifts

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
value for money and ease of build has to go to the tamiya tto1,its got so many cheap parts and its hard to break if you are drifting
the yokomo drift kits are popular but quite expensive imo,the only good bit is the detail on the bodyshells,most yokomo ones come with windscreen wipers and an exhaust,although all parts can be made/bought for other makes

anything else is down to if you just wnat to drift or you want to show off how much youve spent on a car,i can drift as well with my tt01 as others can with £200+ cars

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the yok rtr have had a little price drop since i last looked,they used to be £250

·
Registered
311 Posts
So will all of the other 1:10 shells fit that chasis then cos i've just spotted a twin cam shell that i have to have if i get one(Its an Irish thing!!!). Also you seem to be the man in the know Koh; How do yo you rate the rtr cars as apposed to spending an extra few quid for the diy option

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
wel i see build yourself as the cheaper option,i built mine as a tt01 kit and it was drifting for just over £100,then i spent about £150 on skyline shells lol,rtr is good if you arent interested in how it works,building your car gives you valuable skills for setup and rebuilds

·
Registered
311 Posts
Cheers for the help bud. Must go off now and put on the thinking cap(Whilst busting open the ol piggy bank!!!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts