or hows about

R10T then to letters gt and tt have gone
i have thought about me,up,of etc or fu
any ideas ?

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
i had NI5 GTT on my skyline, but i sold it mate, sorry should have
thought to see if anyone on here wanted it first cos it didnt add any value to the sale of my car:(

S

·
0 Posts
Number Plates

Hi,
If you want the cheapest best way to get a nice plate for your skyline, visit DVLA Direct internet site on:

www.dvla-som.co.uk

You can get most plates with GTT GTR SKY or similar for only £250 inclusive of VAT and £85 transfer fee, so the plate really only costs you around £150. Saves all the extar dosh the number plate companies put on the DVLA price.

Pick a plate on the Search page and just call and pay by C/Card. You will get the certificate of retention back in around 3-4 days.

Regards
Stuart
Seaford Car Imports:D

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Muesli

or you could ring up the import centre i sold my car back to and see if they would sell you my old plate, i noticed yesterday they hadnt sold it yet, (the car) and if you offer them say 250 quid ish they may sell it to you, worth a try????
it was N15 GTT (nissan gtt, for those who are feeling tired)
dont suppose it make much difference to them!

sorry Mahony

:(

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
remember you can not get it put as you want it to say and separate the lettering.

·
Steve-O
186 Posts
Sarky_FCUK said:
remember you can not get it put as you want it to say and separate the lettering.
Legally, no, but dont forget the thousands and thousands of cars with slightly altered plates, not to mention motorbikes with ones the size of *** packets...

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
indeed, and they are all clamping down on it. The law states now, be pulled once and you get a caution, pulled again with the same lettering on and caught then your plate will be banned and DVLA will withdraw it, hence you loose it.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
my friend has N15 5AN but wants far too much money for it.

Also if you see that the R has been separated the police will see that as a violation and pull you for it.

Shame as I believe should be the law for letters to be readable and thats all they need as long as you are not mis-construding the characters to make them letters they are not meant to be.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
You are all missing the point here. The old bill want them readable so the Gatso's and front face cameras can nick you for speeding and take your money with little or no effort

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Thats what I am saying mate, spacing the characters does not mean the plate is unreadable, it is just a money spinner.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
You probly know this

You can't make a car appear newer by having a newer plate. So I couldn't have R1 SKY on my '94 (even if it was available).

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
absolutely that is governing on all vehicles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts