Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been browsing about other skyline sites and a lot of them say about re - setting the ECU, I roughly know how it is done ie, disconnect terminal, pump the brake a couple of times and turn on lights to drain all power in the system, re - connect the terminal and go and give it large. I want to do this over xmas - providing there is no snow/ ice, but I need a few questions answered please;
1) What terminal do I disconnect +/- or does it not matter?
2) Is it best to warm the car up first - you can't give it large on a cold engine.
3) How long will I have to be on the loud pedal before it learns?
4) Is it worth doing this?
5) My car is a R33 GTS, has anyone done this on this car before? Does it work?.

All help with this will be greatly appreciated.

LEE.

ps; Have a good one - happy xmas.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I always warm mine up first for that very reason.
Make sure the wheels are completely straight otherwise HICAS gets messed up.
Does not matter which terminal is removed, I always do negative.
Back up to something and when the brake lights vanish you are ready for fun!
It makes an enormous difference on my GTT :)

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Should definitely be noticable difference, esp., if its had a granny driving it before or you've done some recent mods. Will adapt nicely to your driving style. As Nick says, definitely bring it up to temperature before giving it good thrashing though. :)

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Ideally once done you need to take your car out and drive it how you want to drive it.

It has a basic map and will advance and retart timing for that tank of fuel, it usually takes about either 20 miles of driving for example of a numerous number of starts to get it sorted.

Should drive smoother then is the most noticeable gain.

Please note if you have an aftermarket ECU this will not work, this only applies to STD Nissan ECU's on Skylines.

Terms and conditions apply.......

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts