Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
Firstly thanks to this forum I have managed to sort a great deal on insurance with A plan.
I have come across a standard 1995 (M reg) GTS25t that is it only has a momo steering wheel, yes after 50+mph the HICAS light comes on. I have tried searching for information regarding this problem, but I am confused (quite easy) would it be that the boss is the wrong type and the plastic locating ring is not fitted or that it could have been miss-located on re-assembly? if it is a case of miss assembly can this just be relocated or is there a setup procedure?
I have another thought on why it has a momo wheel could it be that the car has sustained an impact which caused the air bag to go off if it was fitted and it was easier to fit an aftermarket wheel??
It does have a hole in the front offside inner arch cover, but all the panels look straight and true and the gaps all look even.
Other fault observed is the drivers folding mirror folds in but won't fold out. The internal heater/ac unit clicks for approx 10 to 15 seconds when ignition is first turned on then stops is this normal?
The car starts very easy once you have worked out the RAC tracker dongle, no smoke what so ever from the exhaust or the engine. seller tells me that the oil and filter has been changed every 3000 miles/Km. but the engine bay is like new there is no pitting or white oxidisation on the aluminium, and all the rubbers appear to be in good condition the car has 113*** Km on the clock.

The seller is the first UK owner and has owned it for 3 years. The car has been fully under sealed.
Is £4200ono a fare price considering the HICAS problem and wing mirror. It is also an auto.
Should this be something that needs checking in more detail?
As previously I got stuck in 4th on the junction for NEC in a 2.9 Scorpio with an auto box ouch that 1 hurt. It did look good with its full RS body kit and I was young (19)
its VIN starts ECR33 and another plate states that it has the RB25DET from this am I correct in thinking that this is the 250bhp car and the 250bhp is that at the wheel (really hoping) or is that at the flywheel.
Thanks

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
250bhp is at the fly

and to be honest i think you could get an auto for a lot less then £4200

most people chang the steering whell for an after market one because the standard one looks gay

i would walk away but thats me

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Tis abit expensive... Id expect a near minter auto with low miles for that......

Not considered going Manual??? Check the for sale threads, there should be some nice cars in here..... :D

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
the battery may have been disconnected then re connected with the wheels turned, that would upset the hicas

·
Registered
127 Posts
:iagree:
Patience is a virtue mate. Keep an eye on the site, be patient. You can ask the owner as many questions you need to before travelling a long distance (no autotrader phone calls), get extra photos AND have the pleasure to research what they tell you in terms of mods and possible problems...

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I think thats quite expensive i bought a Manual 1994 Reg. Everything is fine except the drivers side wing mirror motor doesnt work. Got it knocked off about £500 and got it for £4000, as the bloke was a friend of my girlfriends mum.

If you are looking for an auto then you shouldnt be paying that much for it unless it has had a fair bit done to it.

I would definetly check out the cars for sale on this forum as they will be alot better condition (mostly) and well looked after for a better price!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feedback.
as for the auto manual thing I do like to drive a manual every now and then but I am a bit of a lazy driver 2 feet 2 pedals nice and easy to work and back I also like the added fear factor of is it going to kick down when over taking.
But if a manual is within grasp at this sort of budget then maybe.
as for the modifications not really my thing. as every modified car I have owned previously has caused me problems in some way or another. But maybe I might be swayed, would subtle mods i.e. induction kit and exhaust have an adverse effect on go go juice consumption?
Maybe a nice set of wheels maybe a body kit but not to over the top as they really do look good std.

but I will now go and check out the cars for sale section
Thanks again for the advice

Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts