Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mark_V
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R33 GTS came over the water from Japan with a rear anti roll bar, no front no other visible mods. Why would a Japanese owner only fit the rear and no a front. Also no sign of the front ever having been there. This car is stock untouched except for the rear bar:confused: What use is the rear bar alone except in more extreme racing?

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
Are you talking about the anti roll bar under the car or a strut brace joining the top of the towers together?

I'd be worried if you didn't have a front anti roll bar!!!

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
i think thats wot he meant wookie.mines also near standard.but its got a rear strut brace fitted.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
As I've said before, I can't see the slightest point in a rear strut brace, unless you think the whole of your rear windscreen and boot area is bendy.

Front yes, I understand, but the back?

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
it is bendy,i get about 3mm of flex either way with roof and rear screen when im booming at 30hz,and thats just music pressure not body roll forces

·
Mark_V
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I did mean the rear Strut brace, wrong terminology. Just curious to see if it was a trend or some weird Japanese choice thing!!

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
totally standard car only a rear strut brace thats really weird indeed :confused:
usually only the front ones are being fitted and the rear ignored
gtr's have a front and rear strut brace as standard so the rear must be of some use

1 - 7 of 7 Posts