Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be changing all my brakes today with different calipers and discs. Now the fronts I figure will be straight forward but the rears Im not so sure due to the handbrake.

Any tips? As I said I will be removing the standard rear discs and calipers and fitting a bigger kit. Cheers

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol well Im going big all round so to speak.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
If your doing a lot of track work your need some decent rears, I cracked my std rear discs, now run Conceptua grooved discs and yellow stuff pads and have to regulary change the pads due to them wearing out.
Hence why i'm going to start running Blue pads hoping to have pads that last a little longer.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
I should be changing all my brakes today with different calipers and discs. Now the fronts I figure will be straight forward but the rears Im not so sure due to the handbrake.

Any tips? As I said I will be removing the standard rear discs and calipers and fitting a bigger kit. Cheers
Make sure the car is secure on axle stands, flat ground etc...

Let the handbrake off.

That's about the only difference for removing the rears ; )

What are you fitting on the rear in place of the stock rear discs?

Chris

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im fitting Brembo F40 Gran Turismo kit :) think its 4 pots with 343mm discs.

·
bodged s13.
159 Posts
does that kit retain the standard drum handbrake?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
remove runner grommet in disc and locate knurled nut unadjust it si that the shoes are not near the inner disc to allow easy and simple removal of disc then fit new disc and adjust nut up opposite way until disc locks up hit with hammer and adjust up again until its solid if the hammer loosened them then turn nut back one click or until disc moves with the slightest drag :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts