Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the diff on my r33 gtst is starting to whine a bit so i'm going to change the oil in it the only problem is i dont know what oil goes in. Any help?

·
Registered
737 Posts
ask the oilman on here. im sure its the same as the gearbox oil. he will reccomend which brands to go for and how much you need.

i want to do mine. do me a favour, when you do it tell me how its done so i can do mine lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its really simple, when you look at the diff there is 2 plugs, one on the bottom and one on the side, use a 1/2" ratchet or bar to take the bottom plug out and wait for all the oil to run out then put the plug back in and remove the side plug then just fill it with oil untill it starts to run out the plug hole

·
Registered
737 Posts
ah cool. tell me if im stupid but is there a diff on the front as well? is it the sam procedure?

did you message oilman?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I used 350z nissan diff oil,
Either that or you could get red line shock proof if you really want to over spec the oil :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
sorry i was referring to my car cefiro. is it the same procedure to change the front on my gtr?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im sure the front diff is inside the gearbox so it should just be a case of changing the gearbox oil, and yes its the exact same procedure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts