Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All

OK how do i remove the rear lights & rear seat? Just finished doing some corrective work in the boot (removing old head unit/gps unit) and found a puddle of water under the spare wheel. Little investigation show's its comming from the driver rear light cluster, either through the black sealant or in via the light bulb socket. Noted the lighting cluster has a nice puddle of water in it :uzi: :uzi:

How do I get the rear light cluster out?

Found & removed the 5 nuts, but the unit is still well solid. I'm guessing its the ample amount of black sealant but i've removed most of it from the join...

Got frustrated earlier and had to restrain myself breaking out the 8oz beasty..

Is there a trick to getting the rear seats out?

I've removed the two nuts in each of the two rear foot wells and applied some force but not started prying 'em out yet :werd:

Cheers all,

DS

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the light cluster is sealed on with a glue best described as the most sticky thing ever invented in our known universe(there are rumours of an even stickier glue on scolaris 5 but ive not the space miles to check)
i found its best to heat up the metal behind the cluster with a hairdrier and when its hot slowly prise the light out,pull it too hard and you risk bending the light cover

the seat bench needs a hard pull upwards,there is a horrible clip holding it down,then the seat back has two bolts and its hung on bits that stick out of the top

·
Registered
834 Posts
if you warm them up like said they do come out really easy but the glow stuff is crazy it gets every where ! i parked mine facing th esun on a hot day and they came out easy lol but seeing as its rained all year ya best off getting the hair dryer out lol

good luck !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts