Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any photos of the a set of speakers fitted in to the rear shelf of an R33 showing the adaptors and what holds them in place?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have this pic...

Three bolts per adapter in each of the holes you can see bolt into threaded holes in the metal shelf.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, Thanks for the pic`s. I can`t see any threaded holes in my shelf as yet but i`m sure they must be there.

How did you get on with the silver sheet i gave you at the Japshow?

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
Hi guys,

Where did you get the rear shelf speaker adapters from? Do they come in a 6 x 9 size by any chance?

Ta!

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
no they only come wiht 6.5inch holes,it would be easy to make 6x9 adaptors out of mdf though

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hi mate, Thanks for the pic`s. I can`t see any threaded holes in my shelf as yet but i`m sure they must be there.

How did you get on with the silver sheet i gave you at the Japshow?

I was about to take a pic of the shelf but the missus has just drove off in my car.. :eek:

Thanks for the sheet. I have everything lined up ready to do the audio install but I have just bought another R33 so I will probably install it in that one instead. (If I ever get it back from Rising Sun..!) ;)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have just finished fitting my speakers back into there original places ( doors and rear shelf ) . I managed to get hold of two sets of 6.5" comp focals and i have to say the whole setup sounds amazing. I would like to thank D-Sleazy for the photos and Koh for supplying the rear shelf adaptors plus NISFAN for the rear shelf and not forgetting Road Runner for the the front door cards.

Again many thanks for your help.

It has to be said the all you guys and girls on this forum make it a great place to be .

:guiness: :guiness: :guiness: :guiness: :guiness: :guiness: :guiness:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could try sending a pm to Road Runner . He has always found or had what i have be after plus he is very helpfull and gets back to you when he says he will . or just put a post up under parts wanted .

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
if you could wait till the beginning of next week i could knock you up some strong mdf ones

·
Nissan's Race-Bred POWER RB26
448 Posts
I have also been thinking about changing the rear speakers and have spoken to a couple of places who have both suggested that for the best sound , it's better to relocate the speakers to the quarter panels beside the rear seats as the shape of the rear window distorts the sound.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
rear speakers distort the stereo sound anywy so thats a little stating the obvious

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have just moved my speakers back to the rear shelf because they didn`t sound right in the quarter panels .

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
if you could wait till the beginning of next week i could knock you up some strong mdf ones
Hiya, very interested in you knocking some up for me. Could you knock some up for 6x9's as that is what i currently have fitted, albeit on a very flimsy shelf setup.

The 6x9's I have currently setup sit at each shelf end so furthest apart from each other. There is a pretty big gap at each shelf end just above suspension turret.

·
Seasoned Member
221 Posts
Kav, that rear shelf looks bad ass! The last time i got creative i drilled holes in the kitchen oak floor. The misus was not best pleased.

Koh, I know they are infinity's unsure of model number at mo, will message you later.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts