Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Caribbean R33
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my "Skyline" rear emblem turned on when i turned the park lights on if i recall, but it doesnt anymore. i turned on all lights but nothing. it turned on twice. i tried opening the casing but its sealed shut. is there a certain switch that turns it on or is the LED just screwed up? also is this just a mod that people do?

i measure the voltage coming out of the ballast and it had power so im assuming the LED strip in the back is done or something broke.

also does anyone know what the fog light bulb type is?

thanks guys!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
hi mate wouldn't know what bulb it is they don't light up as standard its something some people make there's do :)
he didnt ask what bulb was in the panel.

take it off and send it to doa as he makes them and can sort it for you.

as for the fog light bulb we cant do anything for that as we dont know what fog light you have or how its all wired up. if its in the cluster where one reverse light should be just take it out and go match up a new one

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Hi mate,

What colour did it use to lit up in ?

If it was a green ish blue it will have an el strip in it if red it will more than likely be LEDs. Your more than welcome
to send it to me for a refurb as it wouldn't
cost much to put it back into working order, plus I've got
very good at getting them apart without breaking them ( which is what
normally happens ).

Feel free to pm me.

Steve

Hey guys, my "Skyline" rear emblem turned on when i turned the park lights on if i recall, but it doesnt anymore. i turned on all lights but nothing. it turned on twice. i tried opening the casing but its sealed shut. is there a certain switch that turns it on or is the LED just screwed up? also is this just a mod that people do?

i measure the voltage coming out of the ballast and it had power so im assuming the LED strip in the back is done or something broke.

also does anyone know what the fog light bulb type is?

thanks guys!

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
Trust DOA, that's who I use. He is GOOD at this and has done like 100 or something.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts

·
Caribbean R33
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome. yeah i just ended up destroying my stock one. it had a greenish/blue light. like a flat tape like thing with lights in it. are all of them comepletely glued shut like that?
that thing was a ***** to get open. im ordering another one. any idea where i can get these online? besides ebay. i rather have a working one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts