Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save me searching how do they come out please? They dont seem to have any bolts or screws in the boot under the shelf or in the top inside the car:dunno:

thanks

vini

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I removed the rear seats to get the cover off the rear, then it's just a matter of un bolting them.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It's worse than that - the two trims around the rear quarterlights go THROUGH the rear parcel shelf, so they have to come off, and to get them off, you have to take the side panels below off.

So, to change the rear speakers you have to remove the entire interior trim of the back of the car. :(

And then you have to unbolt the speaker housing despite there only being 1 inch clearance between the rearmost bolt and the rear windscreen. If you're lucky, the mount will have cracked and you'll only have to loosen them!

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's worse than that - the two trims around the rear quarterlights go THROUGH the rear parcel shelf, so they have to come off, and to get them off, you have to take the side panels below off.

So, to change the rear speakers you have to remove the entire interior trim of the back of the car. :(

And then you have to unbolt the speaker housing despite there only being 1 inch clearance between the rearmost bolt and the rear windscreen. If you're lucky, the mount will have cracked and you'll only have to loosen them!
Started to remove the shelf over the weekend and noticed exactly what you just described. I think it would be easier to install them in the rear quarter panels instead? what a nightmare.:dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts